Friday, December 7, 2012

Benchwright Dining Room Table

Aaaah! It's been a loooooong time since I've updated this blog. I'll try to keep it fresh with projects that I've completed.

So up first! I built this Pottery Barn Inspired Benchwright Farmhouse table with plans from Ana White.

This is the first woodworking project my husband and I finished.  We certainly took our time building it as well. @_@

Here is a picture of the work in progress:




When I first applied stain and polyurethane, I rushed and I didn't sand between the layers.  My lighting was really poor while I worked on it as well.  When the natural light shined on the table it looked terrible! We ended up spending a day sanding off my errors:


(Personally, I liked the sanded down version of the table) We reapplied the stain with two coats of polyurethane, and this is how she turned out:


The table looks great in the dining room! When it starts to warm up again outside I'll have to fix some of the new errors in the finish, but for now I'm just pleased with the project as is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment