const! Ugh! I'm such a dummy!
Seriously! I never imagined I would find myself in a situation where it would bite me in the rear! -___-'
I made a 'fix' in some code where we had a connection string temporarily hard-coded. Unfortunately, I didn't noticed the
constidentifier on the variable declaration. I replaced the string literal with a property that looked for the connection string in a config file. However, because the type was a
constthe variable was compiled with the literal instead of only retrieving it at runtime from the config.
I probably wasted hundreds of dollars because of this mistake. :(